2018 Tour Departure Dates
Departure not guaranteed
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- All transport in a fully equipped safari vehicle
- Game drives and activities as mentioned per the itinerary
- Park entrance fees (quoted separately)
- Experienced professional guide
- Travel insurance
- Flights and airport taxes
- Visa fees
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Optional activities
- All drinks, tips, curios and telephone calls
- Personal expenses
The local payment fee will be payable prior to travel together with the main tour fee. The local payment is handed over to the guide to pay some of the day-to-day operational costs that are incurred while groups are on the road. Examples include fees at most of the national parks, entrance fees to some attractions, local guides and any food markets we visit to stock up on fresh produce during the tour.
Local Payment: From USD 750.00 per person
We make use of mid-range lodge accommodation. Your accommodation is situated either in National Parks, on the banks of a river, or in other places of interest. The accommodation will be a mix of lodges, chalets and permanent tented chalets with en-suite facilities. Some properties are equipped with swimming pools and/or bar areas
Day 1 – 3: Pakuba Safari lodge or similar
Day 4 – 5: Primate Lodge or similar
Day 6: Mweya Safari lodge or similar
Day 7 – 8: Mahogany Lodge or similar
Day 9: Mantana Tented Camp or similar
Group Size: Minumium 4, Maximum 12 (Guaranteed departures with no minimum group size available)
Vehicles: Jenman African Safaris uses fully equipped 4×4 Landcruiser vehicles with comfortable seating; windows for game viewing.
Meals: Breakfast and dinner will be prepared by the lodge where you are staying. They will also prepare lunch or a lunch pack depending on the itinerary for the day. Please advise us of any special dietary requirements in advance.
First Aid: Our guides are trained in basic first aid and the vehicle is equipped with a medical aid kit. Preventative Malaria medication should be taken before the trip and throughout its duration and it is advisable to consult a doctor prior to departure. Yellow Fever vaccinations are compulsory – please contact your Travel Clinic before departure.
Travelling Times and Distances: All travelling times are affected by road conditions, border crossings, detours and weather conditions, therefore on certain days travelling times may be longer than anticipated especially where there is a lot of distance to be covered. Please keep in mind that the time it takes to travel 100 km in your home country is not equivalent to the time it takes to travel 100 km on African roads, therefore we encourage you to sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery Africa has to offer. Where possible additional stops will be made to ensure your travelling comfort at all times.
Visas: The onus is on the client to organize all visas required to visit Uganda, prior to departure.
Travel Insurance: Please note that travel and cancellation insurance is mandatory for every guest travelling with Jenman African Safaris. All insurance is solely the responsibility of our guests. Please ensure you arrange your own insurance with protection for the full duration of your journey to cover personal injury, damage and loss of personal items including but not limited to camera equipment and other electronic items, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and loss of luggage, etc. Please speak to your travel agent if you require assistance.
Rules: For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to:
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhoea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas if you have to sneeze or cough. Cover your nose and mouth in the process.
- Burry all human faeces a minimum of one foot deep and ensure that the hole is properly covered.
- If a gorillas moves into your direction, please move out of his way slowly.
- While being close to the animals, please do not make any funny noises and try not to move quickly
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed of properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park – use a handkerchief.
- Your group must not be more than 8 tourists and must all be over 15 years old