Some of the most cherished family memories are made on a holiday to somewhere exciting and new. Families who are considering a dream trip to the African continent can be apprehensive about whether it is the right choice for their little ones, we can happily assure you that not only is it the right choice but it is one of the best choices. However, some important factors to consider when travelling with children are:
- Poor roads – particularly in Namibia and Madagascar
- Hot weather conditions, especially during peak season – Botswana and Namibia
- Long durations between destinations – all countries
- Variety of activities available – the children must be interested in wildlife as this is the main focal point of the tour (Namibia and South Africa are exceptions to this, Zimbabwe will be too!) Here, our safari specialists have recommended some of our particularly family-friendly tours to put your clients’ minds at ease.
With this in mind, South Africa perhaps has the best variety, great scenery, good roads, a high variety of accommodation and it is also very well priced. So a family private tour to South Africa work wells and offers excellent value for money. Some of our tours in South Africa that are fantastic for families are:
- Cape Town Experience
- Wonders of the Garden Route.
- Addo Elephant Experience
- World in One Country
- Cape Town Kruger Vic Falls Experience
Zimbabwe, Namibia and Botswana all have something to offer as well and Zimbabwe in particular is especially family friendly, many lodges have a kids stay free policy and the country isn’t characterised for travelling long distances between destinations. In fact, the majestic Victoria Falls one of the Seven Wonders of the World is only 2 hours from Hwange National Park. Lake Kariba and Mana pools are also only a few hours travel, shorter even by air. Our Highlights of Zimbabwe tour shares all these attractions with our guests. Some more great Zimbabwe tours are:
Namibia is definitely a favourite destination but the roads have deteriorated recently and transfers between destinations can be quite long which might be frustrating, but if your child is easily entertained by a tablet or a book it shouldn’t be a problem. A nice bonus is that the climate is quite pleasant throughout the year, it doesn’t get as hot as Botswana for example and is a top scenic destination with a terrific game reserve in Etosha (Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei, Spitzkoppe, Damaraland, Okonjima (cat foundation). There are also great adventure activities to partake in and witnessing the towering red sand dunes are a must for anyone of any age. Discover the wonders of Namibia on our Namibia Lodge Safari
Experience more family-friendly tours