There is no better way of appreciating the beauty of Lake Kariba than from the decks of the Umbozha Houseboat. Lake Kariba is Africa’s largest man-made lake on the Zambezi River in Zimbabwe and is about halfway between the river’s source and mouth, around 1300 km upstream from the Indian Ocean. Coming from the hustle and bustle of Harare, Umbozha is the place for relaxing.
Newly completed, the Umbozha Houseboat is designed to the highest standards of luxury with cabin space for 28 persons in 5 family cabins, 2 twin-bed cabins, and 2 master suites with queen-size beds. All cabins are air-conditioned. With a central lounge that houses a bar and dining room, two outside deck areas, a pool and an upper deck area there is ample room to take in the surrounds in an intimate setting. Carrying two tender boats and four crew members, guests are ensured first class hospitality as they explore every corner of the lake.
- Full sonar navigation for night travel
- All linen
- Guest toiletries
- Fully air-conditioned
- Basic fishing equipment (lost or broken tackle will be for guests own account)
- Experienced fishermen should bring their own rods and tackle
- Lake game drives
- Relaxing by the pool
- Observing crocodiles and other wildlife
- Enjoying the sunrise and sunsets
- Learning about the crayfish industry