Musungwa Lodge explores the unspoilt and truly wild Kafue National Park. Musungwa is set high on the shores of Itezhi-Tezhi Lake with a spectacular view. Musungwa is open all year and is accessible by road from Lusaka (338 km) and from Livingstone via Kalomo (320 km). Musungwa is 1 km from Musa Gate, which is the main entrance to the southern sector of the Kafue National Park. Lake Itezhi-Tezhi shoreline is made up of grassy banks where hippo graze, to rocky bays ideal for fishing, and stretches of underwater trees for the breeding Cormorant. Musungwa Lodge offers the ideal holiday resort for holidaymakers looking to experience the true soul of Africa.
Musungwa is made up of 11 twin chalets and 12 chalets with four beds that are simply furnished, and fitted with shower and toilet facilities. Each has a private porch overlooking the Lake Itezhi-Tezhi.
- 33 simply furnished chalets
- Thatched bar with views of the African bush
- Swimming pool and lounge deck
- Table tennis
- Relaxing at the swimming pool or lounge deck
- Tree Trail tour let’s guest explore Zambia’s flora
- Curio shop
- River cruises
- Safaris by boat and walking