Amended Booking Policy
Thank you for exploring the possibility of travel to Africa. Booking a safari during the time of Covid-19: Jenman African Safaris is committed to providing flexibility and financial security for any guests planning travel to any of our safari lodges. We will be as flexible as reasonably possible amending guest bookings. With country-specific requirements and quarantine evantualities there might not be a universal solution, however we aim to provide conditions that ease the uncertainty and provide you with the faith that even in a time where we travel or book our safari with COVID-19, we are available to look after you.
These new terms will replace the previously released terms and will stay in place until such time as the WHO declares the pandemic as over or travel restrictions in the destinations we operate in, have been lifted. Once that is the case, we will revert back to the standard terms & conditions.
The below outlined T&C’s apply to Jenman Safaris Guided Group Tours in Southern Africa, East Africa and Madagascar. Whereas we endeavour to offer the same for tailor-made travel, however these may differ depending on our partner’s policies.
Confirmed Bookings Travelling 01 May – 31 December Guided Group Safaris:
- Anyone booked to travel by 31st December 2020 can postpone to any time or season for up to 18 months from original travel date.
- In the event that guests are travelling after December 2020; we recommend waiting before making a decision on moving the departure. We are currently prioritising travellers with immediate travel plans and guests travelling until the end of December 2020.
- We will retain or request if not paid already the 20 % deposit paid for the original booking and will apply standard payment terms to the revised dates. All deposits have to be pre-paid with immediate effect.
- If guests are unsure of their future travel arrangements, we will automatically provisionally book them for the same dates in 2021. This will be subject to availability. In these instances, provisional bookings will be held for 90 days which allows guests time to consider when they’d like to travel.
- Once a booking has been postponed to new dates, our standard cancellation and payment terms and conditions will apply to the new travel dates.
The above cancellation terms apply for all Jenman African Safaris’ guided group tours.
Confirmed Bookings Travelling 01 May – 31 December FIT Travel and Private Guided Safaris:
For FIT travel and private guided safaris, we will endeavour to apply the same policies, however this is subject to third party supplier negotiation and will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Once a FIT booking or private guided safari has been postponed to new dates for travel later in 2020 or 2021, any further postponement arrangements prior to 60 days before travel will carry an admin fee of US$ 300 per booking.
Confirmed Bookings Travelling After 01 January:
- We recommend that guests wait until 45 days prior to their confirmed date of travel in order to monitor the global status of travel restrictions.
Choosing to cancel a booking based on uncertainty is understandable, but we advise guests to wait before doing so. Many travel operators are imposing standard terms and conditions which may result in any monies paid out being non-refundable. We advise guests to defer travel to ensure any money paid are reserved for future use.
With our flexible policies for all future travel, we highly recommend guests take out comprehensive travel insurance to ensure any funds lost can be recovered.
The responsibility is on the traveller to ensure that they are aware nd cmplaint of the COVID rules and regulations set out by the country that they are travelling to.
NEW BOOKINGS – FREE CANCELLATIONS & MORE FLEXIBILITY
In order to provide guests and partners with more flexibility and security, we have revised our terms & conditions for new bookings on Guided Group Safaris:
- In order to confirm a booking, a deposit of 20 % will be requested as per our standard T&C’s.
- Guests may cancel the booking by notifying us in writing by no later than 30 days before travel in which case the guest will be refunded his previously paid 20 % deposit.
- Extension of all 2020 rates until 31st December 2021 until further notice.
- Any bookings made + 90 days prior to arrival, are allowed to be provisionally held for 21 days until further notice; should we receive a confirmed booking for the provisionally booked dates/rooms, we will request you confirm your booking with a deposit paid within 5 working days or cancel the booking.
- Final payment needs to reach our account 30 days before travel.
Cancellation Policy for New Bookings on Guided Group Safaris:
- Free cancellation up to 30 days prior to travel. Booking is 100 % refundable.
- Cancellation within 30 days of travel – Below cancellation fee applies unless booking is being postponed due to COVID related reasons
21 days to 29 days prior to departure: 30 % of the total rate
14 days to 20 days prior to departure: 50 % of the total rate
8 days to 13 days prior to departure: 80 % of the total rate
Less than 8 days prior to departure: 95 % of the total rate
Cancellation Policy for NEW FIT Bookings:
For FIT travel and private guided safaris, we will endeavour to apply the same policies as per Guided Group travel, however this is subject to third party supplier negotiation and will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Once a FIT booking or private guided safari has been postponed to new dates for travel later in 2021, any further postponement arrangements prior to 60 days before travel will carry an admin fee of US$ 300 per booking.
Refund Policy for New Bookings:
Between confirmation and 30 days prior to arrival: 100 % refund to the value of money received, or credit to the value of money received for postponed / future travel.
From 30 days prior to arrival: Clients can postpone to any time for up to 18 months from original travel date due to COVID-related reasons as detailed below.
Should a client postpone their travel to a future date, 100 % credit to the value of the booking will be used towards their new travel dates.
Within 72 hours prior to arrival: Standard cancellation fees will apply.
Free of charge postponement within 30 days of travel is permitted in the following scenarios:
The request for postponement of travel due to the below COVID related reasons needs to reach our office in writing no less than 72 hours before travel.
- The World Health Organisation has not revised the Pandemic status.
- There are travel restrictions in the guest’s country of residence and prohibits guest from travelling.
- There are travel restrictions in the destination that the guest is travelling to, prohibiting the guest from travelling.
- The destination the guest is travelling to has closed their borders to travellers from the guest’s country of residence.
- Guests are unable to reach their destination due to international flights being cancelled, and no alternative routing is available.
- If quarantine for longer than 24 hours required in destination that cannot be avoided with negative covid test or vaccination and itinerary cannot be successfully rerouted.
- Home country of traveller requires quarantine for longer than 24-hours that cannot be avoided through testing or vaccination, nor can be avoided through re-routing of itinerary.
- We recommend that guests take out comprehensive travel insurance, should a guest contract COVID-19 and is under treatment or in Quarantine and is unable to travel, they will need to claim from travel insurance.
- Contracting corona within 30 days of travel.
- Should a guest be travelling with someone that has contracted COVID-19 or is in self quarantine, we will allow the guest to postpone their travel up to 18 months after their original date and carry over 100 % of their booking value to the new future booking.
From 30 days prior to arrival: Cancellation fee will be charged as per above; the outstanding amount will be held has credit for future travel.
These revised cancellation terms only apply to COVID-19 related reasons for cancellation, these include:
- The World Health Organisation has not revised the Pandemic status.
- The government in the guest’s country of residence restricts all but essential travel.
- The destinations the guest is travelling to are under official government sanctioned lockdown that prohibits guest from traveling.
- If some but not all of the destinations are impacted the guest will be offered the option to re-route into other destinations, refunded or held as a credit according to the revised policy.
- The destinations have no formal lock-down but have closed their border either to international travellers or to travellers from the guest’s country of residence.
- International flights are cancelled with no alternative routing available for guest to use to reach the destinations in the itinerary.
- Any reason for cancellation not listed above, JENMAN AFRICAN SAFARIS Standard Terms & Conditions apply.
Should the request for postponement reach us within 72 hours, we will endeavour to apply free postponement, however will have to treat this on case-by-case scenario depending on supplier arrangements.
Any reason for cancellation not listed above, JENMAN AFRICAN SAFARIS Standard Terms & Conditions apply.
The responsibility is on the traveller to ensure that they are aware and compliant of the COVID rules and regulations set out by the countries they are travelling to or transiting through.
Jenman Safaris Covid-19 Action Plan
- Continual monitoring and communication of all current and updated information provided by the World Health Organisation on the global status of Covid-19.
- Prevention and solution strategies provided to staff on an ongoing basis, safeguarding human life and wellbeing by:
– Keeping all staff continually updated on developments;
– Providing clear mandates for increased personal hygiene;
– Facilitating additional hygiene amenities for all travellers;
– Educating all staff & guides on emergency procedures in the event of an incident;
– Ensuring health & safety protocols are communicated to all third-party suppliers;
- Jenman African Safaris continues to accept travellers on the condition they have agreed to comprehensive screening 2 weeks before travel.
- Guides and drivers have been fully trained on best practice procedures for limiting and containing any risk of infection, includes:
– Implementing a high level of cleanliness on vehicles, facilities and equipment
– Providing hand-sanitisers in all tour, game drive & transfer vehicles
– Encouraging travellers to wash hands more frequently throughout the journey
– Best-practise action-plan should a traveller have flu-like symptoms
- Protective and preventative equipment is supplied and personally accessible for both guests and staff should the need arise.
- No cases of the COVID-Virus have been suspected or occurred during any private or group experiences including at any of the lodges and safari camps we make use of. This is continuously monitored.
- An incident reporting system is in place for staff to be proactive in attaining medical support at all times.
- Continuous risk assessment will occur and any individuals who display symptoms and meet criteria for testing will be identified and speedily directed through the correct procedures and medical channels.
These statements are subject to change as we continue to monitor and learn about Covid-19 and how it affects the realms of travel.
Q&A: Chief Medical Professional Addresses Travel Concerns
We’ve put together a detailed Q&A with medical professional Dr. Simon King of Park Doctor, to provide some insightful tips and reassurances for travellers concerned about making responsible travel plans in the context of COVID-19.