Botswana is a topographical treasure chest – its biodiverse landscape an invitation to the intrepid explorer. From the encrusted Magkadigadi salt pans to the enriched channels of the Okavango Delta, our safari specialist Rachel Marshall has created a holistic and interactive itinerary that evokes the senses. You can view our Botswana Sensations safari here.
In order to fully embrace such adventures, one needs to be prepared. Our specialists and guides have put together a safari essentials list, one that will compliment the journey – in times of adventure as well as relaxation.
- Binoculars & camera to capture the memories.
- Hat & sunblock for protection from the African sun.
- Flipflops and hiking boots for on and off safari terrain.
- Warm jacket, beanie & scarf for the crisp morning and evening air.
- Lighter clothes for days off adventuring in the bush – particularly in neutral colours.
- Travel doctor recommendations for safe and responsible travel.
Books to read!
- The Sunbird by Wilbur Smith
- No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander Mcall Smith
- Seretse and Ruth by Will &Trish Mbanga
- Lost world of the Kalahari by Lourens van der Post
- Trees and Shrubs of the Okavango Delta by Veronica Roodt
- Wild flowers of the Okavango Delta by Veronica Roodt
And of course – the final essentials of curiosity and courage to embrace each and every sensory delight that is Africa!