Highlights of Uganda
From: $ 4,050.00 per person
Spend your vacation exploring the highlights of Uganda and discover the very best this incredible nation has to offer. Highlights include the chance to explore several beath-taking national parks in search of chimpanzees and gorillas, as well as the option to take boat cruises so that you can experience nature from a different perspective. If you looking for a unique experience close to nature, Uganda is the perfect choice thanks to its abundance of wildlife, friendly locals and incredible natural beauty.
A small-group lodge safari through Uganda, exploring some of the most beautiful locations that the country has to offer, starting and ending in Entebbe/Kampala – 10 Days
Murchison Falls – In the southeast part of the park, the Rabongo Forest houses several chimpanzee and other rainforest creatures. The waterbirds of this area are especially spectacular, including the wild population of the rare shoebill stork.
Kibale National Park – Kibale offers a tropical rainforest teeming with unique flora and wildlife, including over 1,000 habituated chimpanzees. Several other primate species can be found here, including the blue monkey, L’Hoest’s Monkey, red-tailed monkey, olive baboon, black, white, and red colobus, and white cheeked mangabey.
Queen Elizabeth National Park – This beautiful game reserve boasts one of the world’s highest biodiversity ratings, and offers rainforests, swamps, crater lakes, and a lush savannah that is home to nearly 100 mammal species and almost 600 species of birds.
Bwindi Forest National Park – Known as a biodiverse, mountainous area in south-west Uganda. Bwindi Forest National Park is home to many of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas, who feed on roots, leaves and fruits from the park’s many tree and fern species.
Lake Mburo National Park – Given that it is centred on a series of swamp-fringed lakes, the park is teeming with 310 recorded bird species, including 60 specialist water birds.
We make use of mid-range lodge accommodation. Your accommodation is situated either in National Parks, on the banks of a river, or in other places of interest. The accommodation will be a mix of lodges, chalets and permanent tented chalets with en-suite facilities. Some properties are equipped with swimming pools and/or bar areas
Day 1 – 3: Pakuba Safari lodge or similar
Day 4 – 5: Primate Lodge or similar
Day 6: Mweya Safari lodge or similar
Day 7 – 8: Mahogany Lodge or similar
Day 9: Mantana Tented Camp or similar
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- All transport in a fully equipped safari vehicle
- Game drives and activities as mentioned per the itinerary
- Park entrance fees (quoted separately)
- Experienced professional guide
- Travel insurance
- Flights and airport taxes
- Visa fees
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Optional activities
- All drinks, tips, curios and telephone calls
- Personal expenses
Group Size: Minumium 4, Maximum 12 (Guaranteed departures with no minimum group size available)
Vehicles: Jenman African Safaris uses fully equipped 4×4 Landcruiser vehicles with comfortable seating; windows for game viewing.
Meals: Breakfast and dinner will be prepared by the lodge where you are staying. They will also prepare lunch or a lunch pack depending on the itinerary for the day. Please advise us of any special dietary requirements in advance.
First Aid: Our guides are trained in basic first aid and the vehicle is equipped with a medical aid kit. Preventative Malaria medication should be taken before the trip and throughout its duration and it is advisable to consult a doctor prior to departure. Yellow Fever vaccinations are compulsory – please contact your Travel Clinic before departure.
Travelling Times and Distances: All travelling times are affected by road conditions, border crossings, detours and weather conditions, therefore on certain days travelling times may be longer than anticipated especially where there is a lot of distance to be covered. Please keep in mind that the time it takes to travel 100 km in your home country is not equivalent to the time it takes to travel 100 km on African roads, therefore we encourage you to sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery Africa has to offer. Where possible additional stops will be made to ensure your travelling comfort at all times.
Visas: The onus is on the client to organize all visas required to visit Uganda, prior to departure.
Travel Insurance: Please note that travel and cancellation insurance is mandatory for every guest travelling with Jenman African Safaris. All insurance is solely the responsibility of our guests. Please ensure you arrange your own insurance with protection for the full duration of your journey to cover personal injury, damage and loss of personal items including but not limited to camera equipment and other electronic items, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and loss of luggage, etc. Please speak to your travel agent if you require assistance.
Rules: For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to:
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhoea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas if you have to sneeze or cough. Cover your nose and mouth in the process.
- Burry all human faeces a minimum of one foot deep and ensure that the hole is properly covered.
- If a gorillas moves into your direction, please move out of his way slowly.
- While being close to the animals, please do not make any funny noises and try not to move quickly
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed of properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park – use a handkerchief.
- Your group must not be more than 8 tourists and must all be over 15 years old
2017 Tour Departure Dates
2018 Tour Departure Dates
Tour is available & guaranteed
Available, but not guaranteed
Tour has limited seats & is guaranteed (less than 4 seats available)
Tour is cancelled / fully booked