Garden Route Self Drive
From: $ 449.00 per person
South Africa – 6 days : Discover the greatest highlights of South Africa at your own pace. We invite you to go on this adventurous self-drive safari from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town to explore this beautiful country independently. We provide you with your own rental car, book accommodation for you and suggest highlights to see on the way – but after all, it is up to you how you plan your day. Get a chance to experience breath-taking scenic routes like the Garden Route and vibrant cities like Cape Town.
An adventurous self-drive safari through South Africa starting in Port Elizabeth and ending in Cape Town – 6 Days
- Port Elizabeth – Is one of the largest cities in South Africa, situated in the Eastern Cape Province, 770 km east of Cape Town.
- Tsitsikamma Forest – Is a protected coastal reserve, well known for its indigenous forests, dramatic coastline, and the Otter Trail.
- Knysna – Is a popular destination on the Garden Route for tourists due to the year-round warm climate.
- Oudtshoorn – The ostrich capital of the world
We make use of mid-range typical African standard lodge accommodation. Accommodation is situated either in National Parks, on the banks of a river, or in other places of interest. The accommodation will be a mix of lodges, chalets and tented camps. Most of them have a private bathroom with a shower and toilet. Some properties are equipped with swimming pools and/or bar areas.
Day 1: The Beach Hotel or similar
Day 2: Tsitsikamma Village Inn or similar
Day 3 – 4: The Rex Hotel or similar
Day 5: La Plume Guest House or similar
- Avis car hire as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- Visa fees
- Optional activities
- Travel insurance
- Items of personal nature such as souvenirs, tips etc., park fees unless stipulated, meals & drinks not stipulated.
- Fuel, Refundable rental deposit, Rental contract fee, One way drop off charges
- Delivery and collection fees, Traffic fine administration fee, Additional driver, Child safety seats, GPS navigation, Additional spare tyre rental and deposit
Group Size: Minimum 2
Vehicles: Avis Car Hire, group B (VW Polo Vivo or similar).
Premium insurance includes: theft and collision damage waiver, personal accident insurance, unlimited mileage, location surcharge, third party liability insurance, general public liability insurance, tourism levy, VAT and claim admin fee, tyre, rim and hubcap damage, windscreen damage/repair, sandblasting damage, water and undercarriage damage.
Excludes: fuel, refundable rental deposit, rental contract fee, one way drop off charges, delivery and collection fees, traffic fine administration fee, additional driver, child safety seats, GPS navigation, additional spare tyre rental and deposit.
Meals: Breakfasts will be in restaurants at the various accommodation establishments. Please advise us of any special dietary requirements in advance.
Visas: The onus is on the client to organize all visas required to visit the countries stated on the itinerary.
Travel Insurance: Please note that travel and cancellation insurance is mandatory for every guest travelling with Jenman African Safaris. All insurance is solely the responsibility of our guests. Please ensure you arrange your own insurance with protection for the full duration of your journey to cover personal injury, damage and loss of personal items including but not limited to camera equipment and other electronic items, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and loss of luggage, etc. Please speak to your travel agent if you require assistance.