Call Us Toll Free
Careers @ Jenman African Safaris
Do you have exceptional people skills? Are you a responsible and a self-motivated person with a passion for Africa? Jenman African Safaris - specialists in inbound tour operations - with its Head Office in Kenilworth, Cape Town is looking for qualified individuals to join its progressive travel company, offering an excellent career path for individuals seeking varied and challenging positions within a dynamic and professional environment.
Jenman African Safaris is one of the leading safari travel operators in Southern and East Africa, offering scheduled or tailor-made travel to; South Africa, Madagascar, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Swaziland, Tanzania and other fantastic holiday destinations in Africa! This is a family run business based in Cape Town, South Africa - which was founded in 1993 and has grown significantly since then at a steady pace. Jenman African Safaris is well-known for their excellent standards of service, reliability, safety, great value for money and their amazing safaris.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of sending your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.
TOUR COORDINATOR (TAILORMADE TEAM) - German Speaking
We are looking for a motivated team member with a passion for travel, excellent organisational skills, and who is willing to work hard. If you possess these skills and are in search of a quality orientated company, then this job might be for you.
- Attention to detail
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Excellent administrative and communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and written English required
- Excellent verbal and written German required
- Proven practical experience within the travel industry
- Have an excellent knowledge of African geography
- Strong numerical ability for calculating costs
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, particularly Excel
- Be able to cope under pressure
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team
- Be able to navigate websites quickly and find required info
Availability: Immediate *(This position is based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town).
If you are passionate about the travel industry and seeking a varied and challenging position within a progressive travel company, then send your CV, a motivational letter, salary expectations and contactable references to sandra(at). jenmansafaris.com
Are you looking to kickstart your 'writing' career?
Jenman African Safaris are looking for interns who would like to join our company to gain practical travel/tourism related experience.
Jenman African Safaris is one of the leading safari travel operators in Southern and East Africa, offering scheduled or tailor-made travel to; South Africa, Madagascar, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Swaziland, Tanzania and other fantastic holiday destinations in Africa! This is a family run business based in Cape Town, South Africa - which was founded in 1993 and has grown significantly since then at a steady pace. Jenman African Safaris is well-known for their excellent standards of service, reliability, safety, great value for money and their amazing safaris:
The purpose of our internship is to establish an affective system for continuous development of qualified, skilled and experienced candidates for future appointments and mobility in both the public and private sector.
Our requirements are:
- Must have valid drivers license
- Be 18 years or older
- Must live in or close to the Southern Suburbs (we are based in Kenilworth)
- Be motivated and driven to excel with excellent written communications
- Have a passion and love for travel and writing
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Be a South African resident
- Must be a top student (Journalism / Creative Writing)
- Be available for a 6 - 12 month internship
- Be computer literate on MS Word/Excel & Internet with good typing skills
INTERESTED? Submit a CV, with a motivational letter and references from your tertiary institution to reception(at) and provide certified copies of most recent academic record/transcript and proof of articles written jenmansafaris.com
This is not a salaried position but the company will pay a monthly stipend which will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Produce our safari videos in Africa for promotional purposes!
Jenman African Safaris stands for quality, reliability, personal service and above all excitement, adventure and those one-of-a-kind exceptional African experiences’ of a lifetime. Africa boasts the most beautiful landscapes, fascinating cultures & traditions as well as the most amazing wildlife which you can’t find elsewhere around the world…
To give our clients an idea of their future safari experience we need a short & captivating video to be created – showing all the fun & adventure our safaris as well as the wildlife, landscapes and diversity.
During your 4-6-month internship you will have the opportunity to join our safaris, get to know the countries and experience the beauty of Africa – FOR FREE!
Your task will be to produce a 5-minute (approx) promotional video of each safari you experience until the end of your internship. Videos are to include images, video images, music and voice recordings etc
- Completed a basic course in media or similar
- Have a passion for filming
- Be experienced in film production (please be able to provide a past video for us to look at)
- Be interested in Africa’s flora & fauna as well as the wildlife
- Enjoy travelling
- Speak English as your mother tongue (other languages are a bonus)
If you meet any of those requirements and would like to join our safaris (video internship opportunity), please send your letter of motivation, CV and a work sample to reception(at)jenmansafaris.com
INTERNSHIP - MARKETING DEPARTMENT
Internship at Jenman African Safaris Marketing Department (German).
Only for German nationals currently studying in Germany
- Updating of Jenman African Safaris’ website with in-house Content Management System (www.jenmansafaris.com, www.safariafrika.de, www.jenman.travel, www.victoriafalls.biz, www.travel2madagascar.com) – no HTML knowledge needed
- Translating of monthly e-newsletter
- International Mail Management
- Assistance when compiling Marketing material: brochures in English & German, Calendars and Postcards
- Research and writing of webtexts
- Database Admin & Management
- General correspondence with clients and agents
- General marketing tasks and assistance of Marketing department
- Working on upcoming projects
- Involvement in Product Department
Languages advantageous – German (this must be your home language, ‘mother tongue’). Email reception(at)jenmansafaris.com
GUIDES AND DRIVERS
- Must be an experienced tour guide with min FGASA 1/THETA accreditation
- Valid code 8 or 10 license + PDP
- 1st Aid certificate
- Valid passport
- DEAT registered
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good cooking skills
- Other languages advantageous: German/Spanish
- Excellent knowledge of Southern African areas, cultures and surroundings
Only experienced and registered guides will be considered.
Full time & Freelance - very competitive rates
If you are interested in any of these fantastic opportunities, send your CV, certificates, contactable references, a motivational letter and salary expectations with your application.