Do you have exceptional people skills? Are you a responsible and a self-motivated person with a passion for Africa? Jenman African Safaris – specialists in inbound tour operations – with its Head Office in Kenilworth, Cape Town is looking for qualified individuals to join its progressive travel company, offering an excellent career path for individuals seeking varied and challenging positions within a dynamic and professional environment.
Jenman African Safaris is one of the leading safari travel operators in Southern and East Africa, offering scheduled or tailor-made travel to; South Africa, Madagascar, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Swaziland, Tanzania and other fantastic holiday destinations in Africa! This is a family run business based in Cape Town, South Africa – which was founded in 1993 and has grown significantly since then at a steady pace. Jenman African Safaris is well-known for their excellent standards of service, reliability, safety, great value for money and their amazing safaris.
We are looking for a motivated series consultant who will complement our series department. If you have a passion for travel, are willing to work hard, have negotiation & costing skills, are deadline-orientated and are in search of a quality orientated company, then this job might be for you.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the travel industry preferably selling tailor-made itineraries to destinations in Southern Africa & Madagascar
- A people person with strong communication skills
- Good to excellent English & German writing skills
- Strong administration skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong numerical ability for calculating costs
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Accuracy with figures non-negotiable
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), especially Excel
- Qualification in Tourism Management, Business Administration or any other Tertiary Qualification
- A good team worker and able to meet deadlines & work under pressure
- A passion for travel
The ideal candidate will be organised, self-motivated and have good time management skills and attention to detail. Please email a motivational letter indicating salary requirements and your CV (with contactable references) to email@example.com
SENIOR SALES CONSULTANT
Senior Sales Consultant with experience of reservations, ideally with a tour Operator background. German skills advantageous.
Job Duties include thorough understanding of reservations system: Receiving requests from agents and clients and providing quick and professional responses to all enquiries, preparing quotes, evaluating options, presenting itineraries, issuing invoices and obtaining feedback. Tour administration and reservations include booking suppliers, logging all tailor-made groups, obtaining and approving all pro-forma invoices before being passed to accounts, informing agents of supplier deadlines and alternate arrangements when needed, and researching private guided tours. Management of clients and agent relationships is key to this position – strong attention to detail and a high level of organisational and communication skills is required for this position.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only suitable applicants will be contacted. Non-smokers preferred.
PRODUCT DEVELOPER & RESERVATIONS COORDINATOR
The Product Developer & Reservations Coordinator is responsible for the development of Jenman Safaris’ and African Luxury Hideaways’ product around Zimbabwe. This includes creative product innovation for tours and packages for both companies as well as FIT and series quotations for mainly Zimbabwe, but also other countries within Southern Africa
The role includes Reservations for African Luxury Hideaways Lodges & Camps (correspondence , confirmations, updating booking sheets, various admin tasks); Providing services to tour operators, wholesalers and agents (sending updated rates, assisting with questions, keeping records of commission structures, inputting and sending news-briefs and updates); FIT Quotations/ Reservations/Bookings for all ALH packages; Series Quotations and managing series accounts; Product Development for ALH (Competitor analysis, decision making and providing solutions for problems, measuring performance of packages, handling customer feedback); Online Marketing – monitoring, managing and developing online presence; Other marketing strategies and tasks as needed
Requirements: Minimum 3-years of experience in travel industry and specifically booking high-end lodge reservations, relevant tertiary education, excellent computer skills, good organisational skills, strong team-player and knowledge of tour operations in Southern Africa.
Send CV with contactable references to email@example.com. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
TOUR COORDINATOR (TAILORMADE TEAM) – German Speaking
We are looking for a motivated team member with a passion for travel, excellent organisational skills, and who is willing to work hard. If you possess these skills and are in search of a quality orientated company, then this job might be for you.
- Attention to detail
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Excellent administrative and communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and written English required
- Excellent verbal and written German required
- Proven practical experience within the travel industry
- Have an excellent knowledge of African geography
- Strong numerical ability for calculating costs
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, particularly Excel
- Be able to cope under pressure
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team
- Be able to navigate websites quickly and find required info
Immediate *(This position is based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town).
If you are passionate about the travel industry and seeking a varied and challenging position within a progressive travel company, then send your CV, a motivational letter, salary expectations and contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNSHIP – MARKETING DEPARTMENT
Internship at Jenman African Safaris Marketing Department (German).
Only for German nationals currently studying in Germany
- Updating of Jenman African Safaris’ website with in-house Content Management System (www.jenmansafaris.com, www.safariafrika.de, www.jenman.travel, www.victoriafalls.biz, www.travel2madagascar.com) – no HTML knowledge needed
- Translating of monthly e-newsletter
- International Mail Management
- Assistance when compiling Marketing material: brochures in English & German, Calendars and Postcards
- Research and writing of webtexts
- Database Admin & Management
- General correspondence with clients and agents
- General marketing tasks and assistance of Marketing department
- Working on upcoming projects
- Involvement in Product Department
- Fluent in German (mother tongue) and English
- Other languages advantageous
We also accept internships in other various departments for roles in administration, product/system development, operations, and reservations.
For this or any other internship application, please Email email@example.com
GUIDES AND DRIVERS
- Must be an experienced tour guide with min FGASA 1/THETA accreditation
- Valid code 8 or 10 license + PDP
- 1st Aid certificate
- Valid passport
- DEAT registered
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good cooking skills
- Other languages advantageous: German/Spanish
- Excellent knowledge of Southern African areas, cultures and surroundings
- Only experienced and registered guides will be considered.
- Full time & Freelance – very competitive rates
If you’re considering guiding for Jenman. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Produce our safari videos in Africa for promotional purposes!
Jenman African Safaris stands for quality, reliability, personal service and above all excitement, adventure and those one-of-a-kind exceptional African experiences’ of a lifetime. Africa boasts the most beautiful landscapes, fascinating cultures & traditions as well as the most amazing wildlife which you can’t find elsewhere around the world…
To give our clients an idea of their future safari experience we need a short & captivating video to be created – showing all the fun & adventure our safaris as well as the wildlife, landscapes and diversity.
During your 4-6-month internship you will have the opportunity to join our safaris, get to know the countries and experience the beauty of Africa – FOR FREE!
Your task will be to produce a 5-minute (approx) promotional video of each safari you experience until the end of your internship. Videos are to include images, video images, music and voice recordings etc
- Completed a basic course in media or similar
- Have a passion for filming
- Be experienced in film production (please be able to provide a past video for us to look at)
- Be interested in Africa’s flora & fauna as well as the wildlife
- Enjoy travelling
- Speak English as your mother tongue (other languages are a bonus)
If you meet any of those requirements and would like to join our safaris (video internship opportunity), please send your letter of motivation, CV and a work sample to email@example.com